Ssp hirtella: Kıllı belumotu; Ssp nitida: Belumotu; Ssp subcapitellata: Minibaş
Low, ± laxly pulvinate perennial. Stems 2-10 cm, prostrate at base, with ascending, quadrangular, glabrous or ± hispid branches. Leaves imbricate on the numerous vegetative shoots and in lower parts of flowering stems; basal 3-4 x 0.4-1 mm, lanceolate-oblong to oblong, shortly awned; middle and upper 6-12 x 0.5-1 mm, linear, with 0.5-1 mm hyaline awns, glabrous or hairy, ± distinctly curved inwards. Flowers in head-like cymes, partly hidden among the shoots, sometimes on unbranched flowering axes in 1-3 verticillasters. Bracts 3-4 x 0.7-1.4 mm, lanceolate to lanceolate-ovate, often denticulate, aristate , with flat, ciliate margins. Corolla pink, 3-7 mm, infundibular, glabrous to somewhat hispid outside, lobes c. 1-2.3 mm, triangular, obtusish. Ovary papillose, with predominantly roundish papillae. Mericarps c. 2.5-2.75 mm.
1. Corolla 6-7 mm; awns of often denticulate bracts mostly longer than 1 mm; leaves to 1 mm broad; plant ± blackening when dried
2. Leaves ± glabrous to minutely papillose-hairy, shiny, distinctly curved inwards; corolla glabrous; bracts lanceolate-ovate, with awns to 1.5 mm subsp. nitida element. )
2. Leaves shortly hispidulous, ± straight; corolla scabrid; bracts lanceolatesubulate, with awns to 1.2 mm subsp. mytilinica
1. Corolla 3.5-5 mm; awns of bracts 0.5-0.8 mm; leaves to 0.7 mm broad; plant usually not blackening on drying
3. Bracts lanceolate-ovate, acute to aristate; corolla 3.5-5 mm, tube 1.5-2x lobes; leaves distinctly curved inwards; plant densely hispidulous, always green on drying subsp. hirtella
3. Bracts lanceolate, aristate; corolla 3-4.5 mm, tube 1-2 x lobes; leaves straight to somewhat curved inwards; plant less densely hairy, rarely blackening when dried subsp. subcapitellata