Syn: Tuberaria guttata var plantaginea
Annual herbs, erect, up to 30 cm tall. Leaves obovate to oblong-linear, 3-nerved at least at base, stipulate or not , subsessile. Pedicels long, up to 3 x the calyx, slender, spreading. Petals exceeding or subequal to the sepals, yellow, often blotched at base; or absent. Styles very short or absent.
1. Lower leaves larger than the cauline leaves, obovate-oblong, forming a definite rosette at flowering time var. plantaginea
1. Lower leaves smaller than the cauline leaves, not forming a persistent rosette
2. Petals twice as long as sepals var. guttata
2. Petals not longer than sepals, or absent
3. Petals present var. inconspicua
3. Petals absent var. clandestina